Home Forums General Discussion Forum This is out of the ark

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    blondfellow
    Participant

I have had this for a while now, it came with a bunch of other stuff from a lot I got and have pushed it, pulled it, shook it and did not know what it did. I finally I bit the bullit and dismounted it and to my surprise it is a demagnatiser. Wooden case, has anyone seen one like this before? Also can anyone identify the clamp next to it please.

chris mabbott
      Participant

Yes sir, Demags came in a gazillion styles/models…. Kinda like the Naked City….. There are 8 million stories in the naked city, This is one of them.

The oldies are nice conversation pieces but don’t forget that as electrical devices, they degrade over time with no use, so, I personally would purchase one of the affordable Swiss models for everyday use and keep this one on display, a constant reminder of how far we’ve come as a race 😆

The other little deely is a movement holder, possibly for wrist size movements? That’s my best guess ;)

blondfellow
        Participant

Thanks Chris, my guess was a movement holder but it is double sided?? I will use it as a movement holder though one day. I have a ETIC demagnetiser so this can go to the shelf with my other antique rools. Here is one I picked up on ebay for $

chris mabbott
          Participant

@blondfellow wrote:

Thanks Chris, my guess was a movement holder but it is double sided??

It’s probably designed for certain movement grades, for convenience. Does it have space on the bottom too?

This other tool looks like an old crystal inserter for acrylic lenses, although I can’t quite tell as I’m on my phone??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.