Home Forums General Discussion Forum Thee Mill Debate Continues

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    chris mabbott
    Participant

Jan you’re welcome. As mentioned and as you know, looking for the right machine can be….. Tiresome at best..
      I think this is their new electronically controlled series with the belt driven spindle & DC brushless motor. Their answer to Sieg competition.

So far I’m happy with this no gear box system. I’ve tested and purposely pushed the limit to see if the timing belt would slip or stall, but it chews through anything no problem with loads of torque. You have to know the limits :geek:

The thing that surprised me the most about nearly all of the models I looked at, was the complete lack of comparative photos!
      You can supply all the measurements you want, but it doesn’t help as you go with tape measure in hand trying to visualize the size.

You’d think that they would show a person standing next to it, or a common object, like a can of coke sitting on the table, a glove perhaps 😆
      Lots of pretty photos that were kinda useless to me because I needed a visual representation.

When I contacted various vendors/manufacturers, they were.. Huh you can’t tell from the measurements.. No..

dulwich2410
      Participant

Chris do have some extra powers finding all these bargains can you send me some, still looking
        for my little lathe each weekend so far only old socks ?.

Keep up the good work

John.

Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.