Home Forums Member Shop Pics. The Dungeon "Chris Mabbott"

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    chris mabbott
    Participant

Wow, you guys have some pretty nice setups, I’m embarrassed to show my humble little shop but it’s a work in progress 😆

Chris

[attachment=0:3w3gf4q2]Pqdungeon.jpg[/attachment:3w3gf4q2]

willofiam

Chris, really nice space you have there, I think all of us have been a work in progress. Hey, what is that tool on your workbench on the wooden stand next to the grinder. William

chris mabbott
        Participant

Hi William, thank you for your kind comments on my humble setup :)

That is my baby Lorch triumph 6mm that I mounted on a wooden base. It’s secured with a vice so I can interchange various other small machines, a pivoter, a pivot drill, polisher etc and connect them to a variable speed motor rather than a bow, I can’t seem to use the bow and one hand, the motor gives me more control.

Chris

Bob Tascione

Nice Bench Chris! I’m having benches made that are very similar to that one. What type of wood is it made of? Any chance of putting a closer shot of it up here?
            You’ve caused yourself a lot of future work cuz there’s no way we’ll let you get away with not showing us what’s in those wooden boxes on that shelf. :) Was your Lorch in one of those or are they filled with hidden goodies?
            Thanks for posting!
            Bob
            EDIT: You must have been posting your Lorch up here when I was writing this post. I missed your lathe pic. ’till now. Wow…beautiful machine with adjustable headstock!

chris mabbott
            Participant

Thanks again Bob for your kind words, I’m not sure what type of wood the bench is made of, I picked it up from the sale of an old building that used to be a convent, I think it’s about 100+ yrs old, the top is a hardwood but the legs are softer and were being attacked by woodworm, so I used a product that eliminates them and seals the wood, then I reenforced the supports. I also got the convent doors which are now my front doors and also the main iron gates which I had made into my front gates, thank the lord 😆

The Lorch didn’t have a box and those on the bench contain some vintage tools and an Italian staking tool that was unique in that it uses finer (smaller diameter) tools than the larger diameter U.S made models, which makes it a little easier to handle on smaller pieces.
              I’ll post a pic of something that I think you’ll like Bob, an unusual vintage tool that’s pretty cool 😆 and some closeups of the bench..

Chris

david pierce
              Participant

Chris,
                How about updating your shop photos showing your new stuff. 😮

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.