Home Forums General Discussion Forum Thank you…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    namonllor1953
    Participant

In the spirit of Thanksgiving Day, I’d like to take a moment now to express my thanks Bob for the forum and to all involved in keeping this great forum going and to the members of the forum, whom without, I’d be pretty lost on my horological quest.
      It might be a bit early but, I wanted to get it in before the end of day on the other side of the pond.
      Thank you all,

chris mabbott
      Participant

Ren,

Happy thanks giving to you from the geographically displaced on this side of the pond. Although its not celebrated here, it’s rather about some virgin or saint, I still pass it in my own way…

HEY, I love turkey and all the trimmings, any excuse for that meal 😆

bernie weishapl
        Participant

I agree. Happy Thanksgiving to one and all. Chris like you Turkey day is my favorite meal. My wife and I make turkey several times a year. Nothing better than a cold turkey sandwich with a little dressing. Most generally for the two of us we will make 3 to 5 meals out of that one turkey.

willofiam

Hey guys, happy Thanksgiving, I agree Ren as far as how this forum has helped out and am very thankful for it, Ren, your part of that now as you have helped out many times. I hope everyone has a wonderful time with family. William

tukat44
            Participant

Thanks Giving are in order today. Thanks to all of you for being part of this forum and contributing to the conversation in an effort to promote this craft. There is not a better forum to be a part of(IMHO). Bob, Thanks for the venue- this is not possible without your vision. Chris, Thanks for posting about pictures- I now use “Pixlr” to fix my photos, this being an on line application that I managed to open and use to effect to get my avatar posted. Tim, thanks for showing me there is hope and thanks for involving me in your progress. William and Paul, Thanks for moderating and also thanks for sharing- LOTS and LOTS of good stuff always. Ren, Thanks for showing the world I am not the only one with a tin foil hat (plus, it really does work, just in case anyone is wondering).
              Doug, Bernie, Jan, I know I am missing someone- Anyways, Happy Thanksgiving to all,

Tukat

Bob Tascione

Hey Thanks Ren for starting this thread!
                Sorry for not jumping in and participating in some of the excellent discussion going on up here on our forum for the past few days but have been traveling quite a bit and seemed to only have enough time to do forum backups and add new members. Just got back home and into my routine and wanted to say thanks to everyone for making this such a friendly and helpful forum for all of us. I have never seen such a diverse and unselfish group of people who support one another and work so well together!
                Thanks again and where ever you may live on this beautiful blue planet a big HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
                Bob

gerene
                Participant

Thanks also to everyone on this forum. Although we do not have such a thing as Thanksgiving Day in this part of the globe, I think that saying thank you to everybody is in place. We eat our turkey on Christmas eve traditionaly ;)
                  I know that Thanksgiving is perhaps the most important holiday in the US (I lived in Pensylvania in the eighties and was invited for thanksgiving diner several times). So for everybody a happy holiday.
                  Here in Belgium it is just an ordinary thursday :(

Jan

arutha
                  Participant

We don’t have thanksgiving here either but to those of you who do enjoy that holiday I hope you have/had a wonderful time. I am however celebrating the birth of my third son, James William Currell who was born at 6.23am Tuesday morning weighing a chunky 9lb 8oz (4.31 kilos), which is why I have not been up here much lately.
                    Mother and baby are doing fine :)
                    Paul.

chris mabbott
                    Participant

A very good reason for you to celebrate and give thanks Paul, you have a Sagittarian, we’re a good lot :) congrats..

Now you’ll need to get more clocks, sounds like that young fella is going to want some grub :D

They don’t celebrate Thanksgiving here BUT I was surprised to see signs for BLACK FRIDAY everywhere 😆

namonllor1953
                      Participant

Congratulations Paul!! :D :D :D
                        No doubt, James was not a little baby, wow. I’m sure there’s a lot of love flowing right now for you, may it always remain in your heart.
                        Be well,

bernie weishapl
                        Participant

Congratulations Paul. What a wonderful event.

gerene
                          Participant

Congratulations Paul to you and your wife. All the best for your family!

Jan

tukat44
                            Participant

Congratulations Paul! What a Gift!! You’ve done this before, and I’m glad the boy and his mom are fine- How is the Dad Doing?

Tukat

Bob Tascione

CONGRATULATIONS Paul!!!!
                                ‘James William Currell – Horologist’….oohhh, now that’s got to be the perfect name! Good ring to it.
                                Very happy for your family and hope you and Claire are catching up on some sleep now Paul,
                                Bob

arutha
                                Participant

@tukat44 wrote:

Congratulations Paul! What a Gift!! You’ve done this before, and I’m glad the boy and his mom are fine- How is the Dad Doing?

Tukat

I will let you know how I am doing when I get a chance to think about it :) Nah, I am doing fine thank you.

A big thank you to every for the kind messages and wishes, these have all been passed on to Claire.

Bob, as you know my daughter Ellie is already getting stuck into a couple of pocket watches that William kindly donated. If I can just convince all three sons to join us we will have one hell of a family business :)
                                  Paul.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.