Home Forums General Discussion Forum Taking a Trip; Will I be in your Neighborhood???

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    maitai11
    Participant

Hi Fellas,

I’ll be going home (yes, even though I’ve been in Hawaii longer than Boston, I still call it “home”) to the Boston area 23 April – 8 May, and then I’ll be spending 8 May – 11 May in the LA/Anaheim area (stopping at Disney on my way back to Hawaii:) This trip is so I can be with family after the passing of my aunt (Dad’s sister,) who succumbed to MS after a valiant battle with the degenerative disease for over 30 years. Her first name was Rosemary.

I’m just throwing this out to see if anyone either lives in these areas, or will be taking a trip during these times to the Boston or Los Angeles areas…if so, we may be able to meet up. To be honest, I’m dying to meet other watchmakers/clockmakers.

I’ll see big brother Joe while I’m home, and we’ll be able to chat it up into the wee hours of the morning while we catch up – we have a lot of that to do.

Please let me know soonest if we can hook up.

Best,

Tim

tmac1956
      Participant

I’m in LA (Lower Alabama) but I don’t think you’ll be coming this way.

Enjoy the trip!
        Tom

maitai11
        Participant

Thanks Tom :)

chris mabbott
          Participant

Tim,

If you decide to take a detour via beautiful downtown españa, give me a shout first, no point making a trip here without me sending you a little shopping list of goodies :D

stevefitzwater
            Participant

Ha, there is an idea Chris 💡 , pay for him to take a wide side trip, give him a list of items, and your only cost is a round trip airlines ticket, you pick him up, mentor him on your practices, and he can be your mule and bring in the things that your “Customs” peeps charge you extra for..

Probably cheaper in the long run and it is a win/win! :D

chris mabbott
              Participant

Hmm, Steve you aren’t related in any way to our young Tim are you? This sounds like a potentially big dark spot in my already thin wallet 😆
                I think I like my idea waay better, my usual payment to colleagues and friends is dinner and a guided tour 8-)

stevefitzwater
                Participant

No Chris your not thinking large enough scale.. he can bring in a lot of consumables and project watches, he is a guy, one or two sets of clothes, and the rest of the luggage could be full of Horological goodness! The proverbial one stop shopping with a personal delivery touch added for the ultimate customer service! :P

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.