Home Forums General Discussion Forum Suspension Spring for Vienna Regulator

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    itstommoore
    Participant

Newbie here (to clock repair and forum), first time post!

Had a slight accident when hanging a Vienna regulator in our new home. The clock slipped off wall mount but fortunately I was there to catch and keep it from hitting the floor. The only thing damaged was the pendulum suspension spring which broke in two pieces (please see picture below). I do not know how or where to size a new one. The spring appears to be stainless with two strips which are sandwiched between two steel plates. I have attached a picture of the broken spring which I would estimate as 1.0″ long. The end that attaches to a bracket mounted to the back of the case is .219″ tall X .312″ wide X .040″ thick with a .040″ hole for pin. The other end is .312 X .312 X .040″ thick with a .040″ pin which the pendulum hangs on. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!…Thanks, Tom

[attachment=0:2jypz08k]19_05-20 Vienna Regulator Suspendsion Spring.pdf[/attachment:2jypz08k]

itstommoore
      Participant

Picture did not post, don’t know why? Here is a second attempt in .jpg format. After looking at broken pieces and measuring with calibers and adding up dimensions I think the overall length of spring is about 17 mm, center of hole to center of pin is about 13 mm and thickness of spring is about .05 mm…..tkx, Tom

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.