Home Forums General Discussion Forum staking sets

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    willofiam

Does anyone have information on where to find a manual on staking sets, or a layout of the pieces in original sets, What I would like to do is be able to know exactly what stake and stumps would be in an original set. I have a few used K & D inverto sets and would like to get all the parts to a K&D inverto #18 deluxe set to make it complete and original as possible. as yall may know buying used sets they are sometimes missing pieces, The ones I have are pretty good ones fairly complete and do the job, I am just being picky. Hope that makes sense. William

tmac1956
      Participant

William;

LuLu.com has those. Here’s the one that I have…

http://www.lulu.com/shop/archie-perkins/the-watchmakers-staking-tool/hardcover/product-5094177.html

Later,
        Tom

willofiam

Hey Tom, I do not really need a book on the use of a staking tool, more of a diagram of exactly what stakes and posts ect…are in a K&D deluxe 18 set. does the book have that info? William

tmac1956
          Participant

William:

It has just about everything that K & D made – either in the 18 set or as adjuncts to it. That’s all in the back of the book. However, I remember downloading the same stuff from the Internet before I got the book. I didn’t actually order this book – I came with a complete 18 Inverto that I bought.

This is the same info contained in the book.

http://cholla.mmto.org/watches/repair/manuals/KD_staking_tools.pdf

Enjoy!
            Tom

willofiam

Thank you very much Tom, exactly what I was looking for, you are the best ;) !!!!! so now the long arduous journey on this subject has come to a happy end :D . Thank you, William

tmac1956
              Participant

William:

I came across that document when I started out filling in an old K & D set finding lots of parts at Larry’s. You probably already knew that though. ;)

Later,
                Tom

P.s I happen to have a large color photo of a complete K & D 18 Inverto that was sent along with the set. If you need a copy, I can scan it next week when I get back to work. It shows many of the parts/descriptions/etc. that you may not be able to find from the PDF. At least the decals are still intact.

willofiam

Thanks Tom, that would be great. William

tmac1956
                  Participant

William:

The scanned image of the complete K & D 18R is too big to post here. If you want, just send me an email to my gmail account and I’ll fire it back to you.

[email protected]

Later,
                    Tom

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.