Home Forums Parts & Tool Suppliers & Other Helpful Resources Some Very Useful Articles

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    arutha
    Participant

http://www.nawcc-index.net/MakingTools.php
      This is a link to some very useful articles from the NAWCC web site.
      Paul.

randy
      Participant

Thanks Paul.
        I remember stumbling onto these awhile back…but I forgot they existed !

Time to review !

Best,

Randy

arutha
        Participant

Hey Randy,
          I don’t know if you are anything like me but I keep finding interesting stuff and then losing it or forgetting it exists. I try bookmarking it but then end up with so many bbokmarks I dont know which is for what and still can’t find what I was looking for.
          I seriously considered starting an excel spreadsheet with different headings i.e. parts supply, watches, clocks etc and then copying and pasting in the links to the useful information/sites. That way I could find stuff easily instead of having a whole bunch of random bookmarks I never use. 😯
          Paul.

randy
          Participant

My other laptop crashed awhile ago…and I had lots of articles, links,etc. that I had catalogued under various headings.
            I should have backed it up prior to sharing a Boddington’s pub ale with the keyboard….it only took about two weeks to stop the mother board dead in it’s tracks.
            I need to take it in to see what can be saved……ach !

Take care Paul

Randy

stevefitzwater
            Participant

old subject I know…

Randy, your hd in the laptop should be in fine condition, and if you pick up a external enclosure for it, you can recover everything off it.

PC is another hobby, I build them on a regular basis for myself or other family members.

The idea of creating a place to store articles or links, etc… you can create a database on the website that can be accessed by members for such things, pretty basic, MySQL, a little php, and you have a searchable resource center.

gerene
              Participant

I installed a wiki server on my computer and have my own “horology”-wiki where I store links to interesting articles, pictures of movements I took apart, documents with any kind of documentation. Wiki’s are easy to organise and maintain. You can use hyperlinks to link to other pages in your own wiki or anywhere else on the internet. There is no steep learning curve to enter data into it.
                Just a thought.

Jan

P.S. I forgot to tell that my wiki server is a linux based machine. Don’t know what would be involved to install wiki servers on other operating systems.

arutha
                Participant

Thanks Jan,
                  will look into that :)
                  Paul.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.