Home Forums General Discussion Forum Snowed in

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    mahlon
    Participant

Help, I am snowed in and can’t get out 😥 You all get imagine what it is like to be with in 75′ of your shop, and can’t get there. My right leg does not bend, so when I walk through snow I have to drag it . It’s like dragging a plow. On top of that the warden is home from work to day so escape is impossible 😥 I just watched a video on u tube showing a home made spring winder. I don’t have a winder, so I am wanting to go out and make one. I have wound barrel springs by hand several times, which is not too bad, until you have the lubed. I had a hermle movement come in yesterday and I am inching to get started on it. My mentors herehave told me to just replace it with a new one, but I need the practice. I guess I will try to get my grand daughter to distract the warden while I make my escape ;) Mahlon

randy
      Participant

Don’t forget to take a St. Moritz rescue dog properly equipped with a keg of brandy.
        He can keep the warden at bay while you make your perilous escape,…..and the brandy will keep you warm until you arrive at your workshop !

Snow in Alabama….holy cow…whoda thunk that !

bernie weishapl
        Participant

I feel your pain. I am 35 steps from my shop and haven’t had the energy to get out and blow me a path at -2* with a wind chill of -14*. I may tomorrow as we are going to have a heat wave at 34*. Guess I am getting lazy in my old age. :D

mahlon
          Participant

Hey Bernie, It’s really sad, when we are excited about 34 degrees for a high. :) ahlon

chris mabbott
            Participant

Mahlon, you definitely need to add a fridge, stove, and bunk bed to your shop, then there is no need to make the trek from enjoyment to the wardens office 😆

Here in beautiful downtown espana we have 120Km/h winds blowing the never ending rain, good thing is, I don’t have to shovel the water..yet 😆

Chris

gerene
              Participant

Well it seems that you guys do have a exceptionnaly heavy winter overthere in the US, while we here in Western Europe do have the warmest, wettest winter with lots of heavy wind since recordkeeping started. Don’t know what’s best but I prefer a lot less rain or at least warmer rain, so I am leaving for the Caribean tomorow 8-)

Jan

mahlon
                Participant

Hey Jan, I wish I could join you :) At least the forecast is improving. We are supposed to get 1-3″ of snow tonight 😥 , but it is supposed to be in the 50-60s by the weekend :D Mahlon

gerene
                  Participant

Didn’t have time to read the forum over the last few days… too busy doing nothing and enjoying the beach. : 8-)

david pierce
                    Participant

Jan,
                      You never told us you were going to the beach. Had you mentioned that, William could have loaned you a pair of his Speedo’s.

willofiam

Hey David, I sold ALL my speedos so I could buy the mill…..Ill ship yours out right away :D William

willofiam

David, did you get your package yet??

david pierce
                          Participant

William,
                            Yes but I went ahead and mailed it to Paul so he would have something to wear under his tweed kilt.
                            david

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.