Home Forums General Discussion Forum Size and brand of Ultrasonic machine

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Clocks-R-Me

Hello everyone.
      I am new to the course and forum and find both very helpful. I have been shopping around for a clock Ultrasonic and hope to get some feedback up here on what size and brand would be best. I am on a limited budget or to put it another way money is tight but I feel that it is time to break the piggy bank and move from bucket to ultrasonic and do not want to buy something that does not meet the requirements. All recommendations will be appreciated.
      thanks Dan

stevefitzwater
      Participant

first, clocks or watches, or both?

then here is a good thread that I started asking the same thing awhile back..

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1584&p=14142&hilit=ultrasonic+cleaning+machines#p14142

brianw
        Participant

Another link to the same topic.
          viewtopic.php?f=2&t=919
          I think the biggest you can afford with no fancy controls is probably the best.
          Brian

Anonymous

Thanks Steve and Brian,
            It would be for Clocks. I have several ultrasonic and mechanical watch cleaning machines that I have used for many years since my primary work is watch repair but I only have a small L&R Ultrasonic tank machine. It serves me well for cleaning watch cases and small clock movements such as carriage and ships clocks but I use a bucket system for the occasional large clock.
            Those links are what I was looking for. I was curious about the Prosonix and it appears from Willofiams post that it does a good job. I will check it out further and as you suggest Brian I will buy the largest unit I can manage.
            Your help is greatly appreciated,
            Dan

bernie weishapl
            Participant

I have 2 L & R’s. One mid size and the large one. Both have been running for 30 yrs now and not a lick of problems. If I was starting again I would get the large L & R because some of these clock movements in tall cases are pretty big and the plates won’t fit in the mid size.

Anonymous

Thanks Bernie.
                I bought my small L&R used around 1997-98 and it is still running strong. I will check the new prices out on a large L&R and compare it to the Prosonix. If the price isn’t too much more then I will probably go with the L&R.
                Dan

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.