Home Forums General Discussion Forum Single Roller Jewel

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    chaplin37
    Participant

Good afternoon everyone,

Does anyone know of a website where I can purchase roller jewels? I have an Elgin 16s grade 156 with a finger bridge and a single roller, that I bought off of ebay and the roller jewel that someone used was a piece of metal shaped liked the jewel. I’ve tried dashto, casker, ottofrei, ebay and have had no luck. I have even tried to find a complete balance for this and have also had no luck.

Thanks everyone

Bob Tascione

Hi Chaplin,
        I would normally suggest buying an assortment up on ebay but looks like Daves Watch parts may have what you need. Check out this page on his site. He says he has all sizes in stock and you can order by giving him a few dimension. Here’s the link to the page: http://www.daveswatchparts.com/Jewels.html

Please let us know how it turns out and good luck!
        Bob

chaplin37
        Participant

Thanks bob, that is exactly what I needed. One more quick question for you I ordered a vigor gauge to measure what size jewel I need, and I know that they have numbers stamped on each tool. So I’ve read up on this tool and I know for example that if the number 28 fits into the pallet you subtrack 2 from that you you use a number 26 roller jewel. I’m guessing you divide 26 by 100 to get the actual size in mm?

Bob Tascione

Glad that link will help Chaplin37!
            Yes I think you got it!
            Also I should have mentioned that Cousins has roller jewels which I believe you can purchase separately.
            I’ll check and will try to find a link to them.
            Bob
            EDIT: Cousins has them but WOW…they’re pretty expensive. 3 in a pack for 16.85 pounds!
            https://www.cousinsuk.com/catalog/watch-parts/seitz-wristwatch-roller-pin-jewels/seitz-wristwatch-roller-impulse-pin-jewels#select

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.