Home Forums General Discussion Forum Seth Thomas mantel clock motor drive gear

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    ewinrow
    Participant

😡 I have been trying to find this main drive gear now for awhile. I have replaced the bushing that supports this drive gear, but have been unable to find this gear. I have exhausted all of the resources that I know of when it comes to Seth Thomas, have even brought other S.T. mantel clocks in hopes to locate this one drive gear in good shape. 😡 ,nothing….. ❗ This goes to a really good looking clock that many have ask me about and I would love to sell it to someone. But I can’t and won’t make any attempt to sell a broken item. I really don’t want to have to eat the clock, I’d rather spit out the gear 💡 So I ask you all once again does anyone have any solutions, remedies, or cures for this shingle that has lodged itself to my repair/$ mode? In advance, Thanks, Ed…..

arutha
      Participant

It just needs a re-pivot, If none of the other lovely fellows on here offer to do it then you can send it to me and I will put a new pivot in there for you.
        Paul.

bernie weishapl
        Participant

I agree with Paul. All you need to do is repivot it and it will be good to go. If I could get to the shop and just got the evil eye from the wife no pun intended I would do it. Surely someone here could do it for you.

ewinrow
          Participant

Hey Arutha, How can we make this happen? How can I get your mailing info in more of a private setting. If you need my email address here it is as follows, [email protected]. If you send me anything through it please give me heads-up so I can check it daily as I do not do now. To much crap comes through. 😡 Thanks for the look-out, Ed.

arutha
            Participant

If none of the guys your side of the pond agree to do it you can send it to me in the UK, obviously this will cost you more in postage but I am quite happy to do it for you, I know how frustrating it can be not being able to get a clock up together because of a single problem. I know some of the guys are busy etc and Bernie would have done it if he wasn’t in the process of having his sight restored. I will give it a couple of days Ed and if you have no other offers I will e-mail you my address.
              Paul.

ewinrow
              Participant

Fair enough Paul, let’s give it a week or so and if I have no other offers, we will then discuss other options. Thanks for the concern and the offer. Will be keeping-up. Thanks, Ed.

bernie weishapl
                Participant

I am sure someone will see this post and help ya out Ed. I will be out till at least the middle of May or so, or I would jump on it. Ed can you post another shot of the other end and a side shot? I will look in my parts box and see if I may have something.

mahlon
                  Participant

Ed I wish I could help, but I have just begun to use my lathe. I have done some drilling, but would have to learn pivoting on some one else arbor ;) Mahlon

willofiam

Hey Ed, been jumpin here lately sorry I have not responded sooner, I would be happy to help out, I will ask if Bob can give you my address, I would only need the wheel and the one plate that it goes to. no worries o.k. ;) William

willofiam

Ed, go under my photo and click on the circle thing and then you can send a email. William

arutha
                        Participant

I was wondering how long it was going to take William :) Thanks mate :D

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.