Home Forums General Discussion Forum Seiko V657

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    robweil
    Participant

I am a total newbie. I am proud I was able to remove the crown by pushing where it said “PUSH—>” if that gives you any idea of my level of expertise. So, I did that and removed the movement from the case.

But now I cannot figure out how to remove the watch crystal. There are no screws, and it does not appear to have threads, so unscrewing it seems unlikely. So, how does one go about removing a watch crystal?

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Bob Tascione

Great to see you up here Rob!
        The Seiko V657 is a very popular Chrono caliber. Not sure what watch you have so if it’s possible you might want to put a pic of it up here.
        The crystal is probably press fit into the bezel though. Anyway if you can post a pic or the model number it will help a bunch.

Enjoy,
        Bob

robweil
        Participant

Bob,
          It has V657-8120 followed by AO in a square. On the face, it says V657-9021.

1. Why do they differ? Is the -9021 the face plate model # (this one is brown)?
          2. Is there a repair manual anywhere you know of for V657 series (I think I read it is part of the SKS mode line or maybe I’m hallucinating)
          3. What type of maintenance does this watch require?

Thanks.

Bob Tascione

Hi Rob,
            I’m trying to remember as it’s been a while since I’ve worked with newer Seikos and as you know I have few books to refer to down here on the boat…so anyone reading this please feel free to correct me if I’m off track.
            The V657 on the face and the back refers to the caliber number. The 8120 on the dial should refer to the dial…meaning if you wish to order a new dial you would probably use that number. The 9021 on the back should be the reference number for the case and the AO…hmmm…I’m guessing here but I thought it had something to do with what type of opener to use. Someone help me here. Also there should be a serial number which when deciphered will tell you the manufac. date and the production run number for the month. So something like 6D2468 would be 1996 or 2006 for the number 6 (I think you have to guess the decade) the D would be for December (I remember that one) and the 2468 would be the production run for that month.
            I’ll email a frind who’s a Seiko fanatic to check this out and will make corrections in a follow up post if necessary.

Bob

Bob Tascione

Rob,
              I just did a little romping around online to see what I could find out about the AO on your case. I missed by a mile. It seems that it refers to the case size. Seiko uses other letter designations like RO etc. but I haven’t been able to locate any info explaining how the system works. If anybody knows or finds anything please post it up here for us.

Thanks all,
              Bob

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.