Home Forums General Discussion Forum Screwdriver sets…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    tmac1956
    Participant

All:

I’m looking to upgrade my el-cheap-o screw driver set but there’s no way I can pay for a set of Bergeon. Here’s a set that I’m looking at. Does anyone have any experience with these or know about the manufacturer?

http://www.nationaljewelerssupplies.com/p/481088.html

Thanks!
      Tom

david pierce
      Participant

Tom,
        Those look similar to a set I bought from Finding King for about $30.00. A full set of Bergeon screwdrivers in a wooden box can be purchased for about $130.00 from Lancaster Tool Supply. The handles are good in most screwdriver sets, the problem is usually with the blades. Have you considered purchasing Bergeon blades and putting them into your existing handles? If you go to Ebay and type in Bergeon Tools, Lancaster Supply will come up for some of the items. You can then click on the line for “visit store” and see what they have for sale at the moment.
        david

tmac1956
        Participant

david:

Great idea. I’ll do that.

THanks!
          Tom

tmac1956
          Participant

david:

Great idea. I’ll do that.

THanks!
            Tom

chris mabbott
            Participant

This is a good idea Tom and I’ve done the same myself, but then the cost of 8 sets of bergeon blades, I got the steel ones, not the SS type, is about 70 pounds, at least from cousins, they’re around 9 something for a pack of one size and I needed 8 sizes.

The cost of a bergeon screwdriver set, 9 pieces with four spare blades of each size on a swivel base, was 85 pounds, so I decided to go that route this time as screwdrivers are the main tool you use all the time. This being said, there is a noticeable difference in build quality.
              The set I’ve been using for years (with bergeon blades) was not a total cheapy set but not expensive either, but experiencing the difference now, I should have spent the bit extra for the good set, as it does make a difference.

What I’m going to do with my old set eventually is to make brass tips for them, just for starting screws, that’s when I always slip lol

tmac1956
              Participant

Chris…

I made a set of brass blades for my extra set for the same reason. I slip and then…. scraaaaaaatch. I also invested in a set of brass tweezers.

Thanks!
                Tom

michael weaver
                Participant

Tom, I bought a Bergeon set from Borel for pretty cheap. I like these because I have big hands and they are easier to manipulate. https://storefront.julesborel.com:8443/storefrontCommerce/itemDetail.do?itm_id=217665&itm_index=0&orderQty=1&cust_item=BG30081-S9

tmac1956
                  Participant

Michael:

That is a good price.

THanks!
                    Tom

david pierce
                    Participant

Tom,
                      If you go to Ebay and type in you will get an entire page of Bergeon screwdrivers in sets and individualy. There is a nine piece set in a wooden box with extra blades plus many other sets.
                      david

david pierce
                      Participant

Tom,
                        Check out Ebay #281270308252. It is a nine piece set of Bergeon screwdrivers for $164.00.
                        david

tmac1956
                        Participant

david:

Will do.

Thanks!
                          Tom

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.