Home Forums General Discussion Forum Schnieder Cuckoo Clock

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    angelcare
    Participant

I recently replaced the mechanism on a Schneider cuckoo clock. After reassembling the clock, the time piece of the clock works fine, but there is no activity on cuckoo clock (cuckoo bellows, cuckoo) side.

#14427 Regula 25 cuckoo movement

Any suggestions for a new clock repairer?

Dave

willofiam

Hi Dave, hope all is well, if you can provide a little more info, maybe a picture or two, there can be many things going on, my first thought is that something is binding, are you running it in a run stand?? or is it in the case?? William

angelcare
        Participant

William,

Thanks for responding. This my first cuckoo clock, so it’s a challenge.

It’s in the case, but Bob thought there might be a wire crossed, or as you said, something binding.

I guess I need to go back and remove the bellows and see if anything is obvious. If not, remove the mechanism and put it on the test stand and try it out.

Thanks again, and I’ll keep the forum posted.

Dave

willofiam

Dave, Hey I know how frustrating a cuckoo clock can be especially the first one, hang in there it gets easier as understanding increases, try taking the bellows out and see what happens, if you still have the issue then yes you will have to take it out of the case and watch how all the parts relate, I usually go thru the chime sequence while it is in the run stand and then let it run for a few days first, its alot easier to catch issues before spending time putting it in the case. have a great night, William

angelcare
            Participant

Super! Thanks for help!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.