Home Forums General Discussion Forum Rolex GMT

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    c.kelly
    Participant

Hi All,
      Here is some pictures of a Rolex Gmt with a 3185 movement that I worked on recently. It had lot’s of issues including, bad automatic drive wheel, one side of mainspring arbor was eroded away, stem was broken, threads on crown were worn out, pallet fork was missing a stone, hairspring was bent, and watch was rusty as well. I hope you can follow the pictures I am posting
      Charles

c.kelly
      Participant

some more pictures

gerene
        Participant

Thanks for the pictures. This watch really did need working on and apparently you did a good job!
          I myself do mostly wristwatches as well, though I venture into clocks from time to time ;)
          Kind of like both.

Jan

c.kelly
          Participant

Thanks,
            One thing I wanted to show is in the second picture which shows the watch under the calendar plate. The date change mechanism is a bear to work on. If you look there is the date change wheel which is actually two parts. Then it has a spring loaded arm which holds the date change wheel back so that if set up properly date changes at exactly 12:00. What you may not see is that on the end of the arm there is a jewel that acts as a cam follower. When reassembling the watch you have to install the bottom part of the date wheel as well as the spring, install the arm. Then you have to hold the arm back while under tension from the spring while you install the jewel. After you get that done then you have to install the top part of the date wheel without knocking anything loose.
            Charles

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.