Home Forums General Discussion Forum replacing roller jewel

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    sgoodstal
    Participant

Hi Bob, I’ve been trying to replace a roller jewel for about two weeks now, replacing is no problem I feel like an expert now. Ive tried two different size jewels and adjusted height several times but I can not seem to get the watch running.
      The watch is an Elgin 19 jewel grade 372 size 16. My gauge reads 52 but I have read that you take 2mm away so I have tried both 50 and 52. I read in a post from 2010 that you wear going to add a section to your videos on changing roller jewels where can I find that beening this is my first roller jewel I would love to see a pro do it or maybe you have some suggestions. Thanks Scott

Bob Tascione

Hi Scott,
        Good talking with you today!
        I think if you drop down .002mm to .5 you should be ok. If that’s still a bit tight then you can try the next size down. The catching that you mentioned in our phone conversation can occur from a banking pin being adjusted too far in. This can prevent the pallet from moving over far enough for the roller jewel to clear the horn. Please let me know what you find out.

Good Luck,
        Bob

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.