Home Forums General Discussion Forum Question on Watch Lot

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    maitai11
    Participant

Hi Fellas,

I’m looking to buy some more watches…if you have time in the next 50 minutes, I would appreciate it if you could give me an idea of what the lot may be worth…at this time, the bidding is at about $260. Many thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351217949472?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Best,

Tim

maitai11
      Participant

AND…Outbid…I maxed at $325, and the winning bidder got it for 419.00 – maybe someone knew something more than I did? Next!

maitai11
        Participant

AND…Outbid…I maxed at $325, and the winning bidder got it for 419.00 – maybe someone knew something more than I did? Next!

maitai11
          Participant

chris mabbott
            Participant

@maitai11 wrote:

Hi Fellas,
              I would appreciate it if you could give me an idea of what the lot may be worth…

$419 😆

chris mabbott
              Participant

@maitai11 wrote:

Hi Fellas,
                I would appreciate it if you could give me an idea of what the lot may be worth…

$419 😆

chris mabbott
                Participant

@maitai11 wrote:

Hi Fellas,

$419 😆

chris mabbott
                  Participant

Tim,

I’ve looked at this lot on a bigger screen and really, it’s quantity not quality. You can end up with a load of common watches that aren’t valuable amount wise. Maybe for a collector who “may” need one to fit into a timeline, Parts wise possibly, but that’s another game.
                    Why buy complete working watches and use them for parts, that’s a shame and something that most watch people do not condone, especially when there are so many scrap movements available. Usually, unless its the same grade and year, the parts won’t fit.

chris mabbott
                    Participant

Tim,

I’ve looked at this lot on a bigger screen and really, it’s quantity not quality. You can end up with a load of common watches that aren’t valuable amount wise. Maybe for a collector who “may” need one to fit into a timeline, Parts wise possibly, but that’s another game.
                      Why buy complete working watches and use them for parts, that’s a shame and something that most watch people do not condone, especially when there are so many scrap movements available. Usually, unless its the same grade and year, the parts won’t fit.

chris mabbott
                      Participant

Tim,

bernie weishapl
                        Participant

Have to agree with Chris on this. Most of these as I looked at them are common and not worth $419. Like Chris said unless you need a specfic watch and you can’t get it in a scrap movement which there are hundreds on the bay for a parts movement that would be maybe the only reason I would buy something like these. Also for me it would have to be a high end watch I need a part or movement for that I couldn’t find otherwise that would make me even consider a lot like this. Be careful what you do. Look the pictures over carefully and read the description carefully.

bernie weishapl
                          Participant

Have to agree with Chris on this. Most of these as I looked at them are common and not worth $419. Like Chris said unless you need a specfic watch and you can’t get it in a scrap movement which there are hundreds on the bay for a parts movement that would be maybe the only reason I would buy something like these. Also for me it would have to be a high end watch I need a part or movement for that I couldn’t find otherwise that would make me even consider a lot like this. Be careful what you do. Look the pictures over carefully and read the description carefully.

bernie weishapl
                            Participant

maitai11
                              Participant

Fellas,

This all goes to grading and identifying, which I am very new at. I was looking at it from a learning perspective – getting a bunch of different watches to learn on, but I never shed a tear when it went for a bid higher than mine. Good one Chris!!! 😆

:)

Tim

maitai11
                                Participant

Fellas,

This all goes to grading and identifying, which I am very new at. I was looking at it from a learning perspective – getting a bunch of different watches to learn on, but I never shed a tear when it went for a bid higher than mine. Good one Chris!!! 😆

:)

Tim

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.