Home Forums General Discussion Forum Question from a newbie

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bones
    Participant

First off – thanks for letting me into this group. I’ve been interested in clocks for many years and have finally started to tinker with them. I’ve recently acquired what I think is an unbelievable deal – probably not the highest quality thing in the world, but let me explain. I was able to pick up 1972 Emperor 300 clock that has never been assembled for really cheap ($125). The movement is still in the box. I’m also a hobbyist woodworker. At any rate, the movement has never been out of the box (~40 years). Would you suggest that I clean it and oil it before running it?

Mark

torsion
      Participant

Hi Bonnes and welcome
        If is were me I would make sure it was clean and oiled before hand but it depends upon visual condition.
        A picture or two would help.
        Dell

bones
        Participant

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qhfNstwz1ry3FkSh9

Hopefully the attached link works. Also curious about the manufacturer.

Mark

torsion
          Participant

I think you will find it was made in Germany ha ha, google Uhrenfabrick because there was more than one, it looks very clean to me, but I would still oil the pivots before running but DON’T oil the wheels (gears).
            Dell

bones
            Participant

Thanks very much

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.