Home Forums General Discussion Forum Question for C&E Marshall Peerless Clean Machine

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    chunjen
    Participant

Hi all
      I’m a freshman to this forum, and have few questions would like to have your advices.
      I just bought a C&E Marshall Peerless Watch Cleaning Machine (not receive yet) and would like to have a previous knowledge of the machine operation before I receiving it. If any one have relative information about the machine could share with me. I have searched the forum but most information is about the Marshall Peerless Lathe, so I just post for help.
      As for clean solution, what is the combination you recommend most for there’re 4 jars in the machine and I’m a bit confused what clean solution I should put in order, for there are various choices of the clean solution. To choose L&R or Zenith and even one brand have several types. Please give me your advice. :)

CJ

Bob Tascione

Welcome to the forum CJ
        I’m not sure which machine you have but is possibly the one with a auto reverse mode. Could you elaborate a bit on the characteristics it or possibly post a pic or a link up here to the one you purchased?
        As for cleaning solutions and the order to use them I’ll copy and paste something I wrote up here back in 2012 regarding the topic.

I’ve always leaned towards L&R solutions. For my mechanical machine I usually use L&R Extra Fine watch cleaning solution and their #3 rinse. I say usually since I will often use whatever I have on hand if I run out. This doesn’t mean Extra Fine is the best choice at all. I get set in my ways fairly easily and as a result often fall behind on new improvements that appear on the market. I’ll be trying Zenith products again after my L&R stock runs out as I hear they have really improved and the cost is lower than L&R.

I believe common running time for each jar is somewhere between 5 to 8 minutes for mechanical movements. That’s about how long I run them. If your machine has an auto reverse that’s great. If it doesn’t but does have a manual reverse then running it in the reverse direction for a couple of minutes is a good idea in all jars.
        After running in a jar I lift the head up above the solution but not clear of the top of the jar and allow the basket to “spin off” the excess solution back into the jar. Your solution and rinses will last a lot longer as this helps keep the next rinse from becoming contaminated with either the cleaning solution or the previous rinse.

When the final rinse starts to become a little cloudy it can be rotated into the previous rinses position (discarding the first rinse) and a new final rinse added being sure that the jar for the final rinse is very clean before adding the new rinse.

When the rinse is complete raise the basket and let it spin in the final rinse jar for a minute before moving it to the heating cylinder. Then spin in the heated cylinder for a couple of minutes. That’s about it.

I have since tried Zenith products again (wasn’t happy with them years before) and found them to be very good.

Hope this helps CJ,
        Bob

chunjen
        Participant

Hi Bob
          Many thanks for your detailed information.
          And one more thing, how do you handle with the used solution/rinse? Should I call the supplier or others for recycling?
          The clean machine I just bought as attached photo. According to the seller, it does have reverse function.
          [attachment=0:2lh6yr0w]LotImg36370.jpg[/attachment:2lh6yr0w]

CJ

Bob Tascione

Thanks for posting the pic CJ
            That is a very nice machine. I wish I had one like it. The carrossel is real handy rather than having to lift and rotate the motor. I think the carrossel is activated by depressing and or sliding that tab on the right hand side of the machine and then just rotate the table to the next jar? It may even click in place for accurate indexing. Not sure how it works but that’s a cool machine. It might have auto reverse too but not sure about that. If it does that’s a real handy function to have. Also the extra rinse jar is great. Good machine!
            Yes I take all of my waste chemicals to the Household Hazardous Waste Transfer Facility in San Diego. Usually just keep filling containers with used solutions to make the trip worth while and then take them as well as other stuff like old paint etc. You can probably find a facility in your area by doing a big G search.
            Again Great machine CJ!

Bob

chunjen
            Participant

Hi Bob
              Thanks for your reply. It’s a useful information.
              I receive the machine yesterday, and just like you said the carrossel turns by pressing the tab near the heater switch and it still turns smoothly. Also, it has auto reverse function. The condition of the machine is quite nice. Lucky me. :)

CJ

ticktockshoppe
              Participant

CJ and Bob,
                I used this exact machine for several years. Many watches went through it and It was always dependable and did a good job. I do wish I still had it here.

Ian

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.