Home Forums General Discussion Forum Pocket Watch Case Sleeve

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    hank7421
    Participant

I recently acquired a Dufonte Pocket Watch by Lucien Piccard. It has a beautiful case, but it came without the sleeve. The diameter of the inside of the pendant measured 2.98 mm. and the distance from the top of the pendant to the latch spring is 1.4 mm. I would imagine adding .1 mm for pushing down the spring I come up with 1.5 mm. Does anybody know what the correct size sleeve I need? Also, where might I order it?

Bob Tascione

Hi Hank,
        That might be a tough one. I don’t know where you can actually order a sleeve by giving specific dimensions these days. There used to be a couple of supply houses in Los Angeles where I could send a broken sleeve and they could often match one up but they’re long gone now. RT Smith was one of them. He would rumage through his endless supply of parts and almost always come up with whatever you needed. Now most people just dig through their assortments that they’ve accumulated over the years and hope for the best. There might be somebody out there who does this but I’m not up on what’s available now.

Bob

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.