Home Forums General Discussion Forum Pivoting Attachments

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    david pierce
    Participant

Paul,
      Tell me what you want and need in this line such as cone centers, Jacot burnishing tools etc. so I can start thinking about it. The 6mm machines are really nice for tiny parts. I think a lot of watchmakers igonore these lathes but they are really nice. I have a couple of Wolf Jahn’s and they are works of art as far as I am concerned. Recently a lot of 6mm accessories have been up for sale but I am sure that the supply will dry up in the next year or so. I have not seen many, if any, 8mm pivoting accessories for sale.
      About a year ago I pulled off some information about the British Horological Society. From what I could see it looked like a good program. What happened?
      david

arutha
      Participant

Hi David,
        the BHI did a full depth article over a few months in the BHI monthly journal, it went into all the different watchmakers lathes, collet dimensions etc.
        I have a 6mm Wolf Jahn lathe with a reasonable amount of collets, enough to get by on watch work. I cant quite justify the price of a 3 or 4 jaw chuck for it, I will wait until I see something cheap enough.
        What I would like are the jackot tool and pivoting attachments for it. If you do ever get round to turning a set of these out I would be very interested. For the tailstock I have the standard runner that comes with the lathe and I would love to get my hands on one of those designed for drilling, the type with the lever, at the moment I am using a small eclipse pin vice mounted in a steel tube to go through the tailstock. Not ideal but the pivoting work I have done with it has so far been more than accurate.
        Paul.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.