Home Forums General Discussion Forum Parts house

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    hank7421
    Participant

Hello Bob,
      On your video you referred several times to a Parts house you called LaRose or something like that. I cannot find it because I do not have the correct spelling of the name. I am looking for a pallet fork for my Waltham 1883 S18 PW. and I wanted to contact them to see if they had one.
      Hank

bernie weishapl
      Participant

Hank S. LaRose is no longer. They have been out of business for a few years. You might check with R & M Imports as I think they may have bought what was left of their stock. Not positive but do know La Rose is no more. I found this info below.

R&M took the clock section of the business

CasKer took the Swiss and more modern watch section

One of the owners kept the antique American watch inventory and opened an EBay storefront under the name ‘Past Time Pocket Watch Parts”, but recently has closed shop sold to Casker, Leaving CasKer with the entire watch inventory.

Both R&M and Casker have said that they will take orders using part numbers from the old S LaRose catalogs, but I don’t know how long that has or will last.

hank7421
        Participant

Hi Bernie,
          I appreciate the update. Went to Cas-Ker but they did not list a Waltham pallet fork. Oh well, it was worth a try. I’ll keep looking.

tmac1956
          Participant

Hank:

Welcome to my world my friend! What I normally do is try to find a movement for parts/repair. eBay is a great resource but most of the time the sellers want WAYYYYY more than they’re worth. Here are a few places where I often lurk that might help you find some parts. I know there are others out there…

Uncle Larry’s http://www.execulink.com/~lfoord/tools.html
            Dave’s Watch Tools http://www.daveswatchparts.com/index.html
            DASHTO HOROLOGICAL SERVICES HOME PAGE http://www.dashto.com/

These guys are EXTREMELY reasonable – especially Uncle Larry who often lurks around here. ;)

Until we can build our own parts, this is where we are.

I hope this helps!

Tom

hank7421
            Participant

Hi Tom,
              I agree, those are great places to look for parts and I have used each one at one time or another. You are right about ebay but once in a while, a deal can be had. Just today I managed to get a Waltham S18 movement in a good looking case for around twenty dollars. The movement had a lot of parts missing but believe it or not, the pallet fork with the jewels was visible inside the case. What are the chances of that happening? So it looks like I’m going to get the elusive pallet fork after all. Thanks for answering my post Tom and have a great day.
              Hank

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.