Home Forums General Discussion Forum paper dials

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    garyk706
    Participant

Whats the best way to clean a paper dial

Bob Tascione

Happy New Year Garyk706,
        I don’t think there is a “best method” to clean paper dials. Many people feel that doing anything beyond brushing with a very soft brush should be avoided. While others use chemicals like bleach, hydrogen peroxide as well as water to remove stains. I personally shy away from doing too much because of a few bad experiences I’ve had with them in the past. One thing that has worked ok for me is brushing back and forth with a fine brush and little corn starch sprinkled on the dial. I’ve heard that document cleaning pads that are used on old drawings, paintings and books work pretty well. I haven’t tried that yet but now that you’ve brought the subject up here and stirred my curiosity I’ll order one to see how it works.
        I just did a google search for “document cleaning pads” and a bunch of resources popped up.
        Enjoy GaryK,
        Bob

arutha
        Participant

Did you ever try that stuff out on the paper dials Bob? The clock I bought today has quite a mucky paper dial. I think I would rather leave the original in than replace it with a new one that would look too new.

Bob Tascione

Hi Arutha,
            I did get some pads but I don’t have a dirty paper dial to try it on yet. Only a matter of time though.
            Bob

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.