Home Forums General Discussion Forum pallet fork

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    brianenc
    Participant

Hello, I am a very new member of the world of watch repairing. In fact I have taken apart an Omega Stopwatch. What I found was a ‘jeweled pallet fork’ that has lost the right side jewel. My question is: Can I order this fork from anywhere? The Omega Stopwatch has a serial number of 927302 , If this will help. Like I said, I am looking forward to a long hobby of watch repairing and making. Please feel free to discuss the world of watch repairing with me. Thanks a bunch, Brian Enclade

willofiam

Hi Brian, I am unable to help out with your stop watch but I wanted to say WELCOME, Have a great day, William

tmac1956
        Participant

Brianenc…

Here’s a free registration link into which you can enter your serial number and then hopefully do a pallet jewel part number lookup. Once you get the part number, you should be able to scour the Internet and find a vendor – or at least some New-Old-Stock (NOS).

http://www.omegawatches.com/planet-omega/heritage/vintage-omegas/vintage-watches-database

I hope this helps and Welcome!
          Tom

Bob Tascione

Welcome to the forum Brian!
            You may be able to find a pallet at one of the watch supply houses. You would probably need to give them a caliber number. On larger Omega movements you will often find the calibre number on the balance cock or somewhere on the pillar plate. Look for something like the Omega insignia with a low count number like ‘170’ or some other number under it. I have an Omega movement book here with a ton of movement pics so if you can’t find the number and you have a camera then feel free to put a pic of the movement up here and I will try to identify it for you. If you have the dial off then please also take a pic of the dial side showing the setting mechanism. Also smaller Omega movements sometimes stamp the caliber number on one of the bridges.
            Note: If you haven’t pulled the movement apart yet there is a very good chance that you will find the missing jewel floating around in the movement somewhere.

Enjoy and again Welcome!
            Bob

Bob Tascione

Hey Tom,
              Sorry I didn’t see your post. That’s an interesting database search they have. That may be worth a try for Brian. I didn’t see anything about registering though. Is registration necessary to use the database?
              Brian, if that database works for you then that’s great. If not then feel free to follow the steps I listed in my above post and I should be able to get the part number for you.

Thanks Tom,
              Bob

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.