Home Forums General Discussion Forum Omega 562

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    c.kelly
    Participant

Friend of mine recently bought an Omega 562 Seamaster that ran but would not keep time. Second hand would run but minute and hour hand just ran for awhile then would stop but they weren’t hitting on anything. I decided cannon pinion was loose and searched for new one but was fairly expensive. Before I bought one for him I tried to tighten up the old one. Got it too tight but worked with some small broaches I got from watchmaker estate and it now works fine. Well actually guy called me today and said watch had stopped and I asked him how much he had worn it and he said he wore it one day for a bit of time. Told him to give it a wind and checked back with him several hours later and he said it was fine. Two questions I have is on the dial of this watch was a large painted seamaster logo. Dial is golden color with black logo. Anyone ever heard of omega dial like that or is it a custom dial of some kind? Other question concerns the small broaches I used. I have used them for many things in the past year and they are now much shorter than they were when I first found them. Anyone know where to find another batch?
      Thanks,

Bob Tascione

Hi c_kelly,
        I’m not sure about the dial being original as I’m not up on that stuff at all…but the broaches can be purchased at Casker.com. If you put “watch broaches” into the search field a bunch of them will pop up. Also most other material suppliers carry them. The Bergeon broaches are pretty expensive but are most likely very good. I don’t know what make mine are as I have a life time supply of “used” broaches that I’ve accumulated from marts and other places over the years. I do know though that some of mine are better than others so there may be a difference in quality between the various brands.
        Don’t know if this was much help but thought I would throw it up here just in case.
        Bob

c.kelly
        Participant

Thanks,
          I have checked some material house but ones I found seem to be much larger than the ones I find I use. Last one I used was to enlarge opening on a second hand. Maybe I just haven’t looked in right places. Will keep looking.

Bob Tascione

Hi C_Kelly,
            Casker carries the smaller broaches that you are looking for. From about .05mm upward. Take a look at the following link and also go to page 2 and you’ll see some.
            http://jewelerssupplies.com/shop-bin/sc/productsearch.cgi?storeid=*1e1b26d61505e49ddc41d4c7be8f44bd87
            Enjoy,
            Bob

c.kelly
            Participant

Thanks, I looked there yesterday but overlooked the one item I needed somehow. Even comes with small pinvise which I can use as well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.