Home Forums General Discussion Forum Old Key Wind…And I’m Not Sure What it is…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    maitai11
    Participant

Hey Fellas,

A friend of mine is offering me this, but I just don’t know what to do with it. The jewels are smashed, and it’s got some kind of chain. Any help identifying it would be greatly appreciated. Pics attached.

Best,

Tim

maitai11
      Participant

Part 2…

maitai11
        Participant

3…Thanks Guys

chris mabbott
          Participant

It’s a fusee style watch but it appears to be missing some parts..

maitai11
            Participant

Thanks Chris,

Can I put you on retainer?

:)

Tim

maitai11
              Participant

How much would you pay for this Chris, if you were me (it would be my first exposure to a fusee, so I am kind of interested…)?

$20?

T

chris mabbott
                Participant

Tim,

Personally, I would pass on it. I say this because I used to have some of these that I got at a mystery auction.
                  They were mostly in pieces with parts missing. I attempted to restore a couple of them but it was next to impossible to find parts, or info on how to make parts.

Original fusee watches can command extremely high prices, but there were also many cheap copies that were for nostalgia and sale to the general public, this is what this one is I believe, although, not being totally into Swiss euro watches, I can’t tell you with 100% certainty what this particular watch is about.

I can tell you with certainty is that you will waste time and energy trying to fix it, which will result in a bout of heavy drinking with your buds, which will also result in providing a HEAD LIKE A HOLE the next morning 😆

Do a search for fusee watches and you’ll find the info you need to make an informed decision..

maitai11
                  Participant

Thanks Chris, I think I will pass.

I’ve already done some searching and may pick up one soon…one with all its PARTS :)

Best,

Tim

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.