Home Forums General Discussion Forum old clock

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    willofiam

Hello, just wanted to share these pics and see if anyone had any experience or input with an oldy like this, dont know if the age is right but a carving on the “bonnet” says 1735, could it be????? I added a suspension spring to the pendulum as the other had broke off, seems to work and running good so far, the escape wheel needs some work but the guy will have me do something with it in the near future. I think he is tickled that it is running now, HOW FUN IS THAT!!!!!

willofiam

some more pics

Bob Tascione

Beautiful clock William!!
          That date seems right but I’m no expert at dating clocks.
          Any other markings or name somewhere?
          Bob

arutha
          Participant

That looks French to me and judjing by the fact the mech is all in steel I wouldnt have any reason to doubt it could be that old. That is a lovely clock William and well done for getting it going :)

mahlon
            Participant

Hi Arutha, I am just starting to learn how to work on clocks, but I have had similiar ones to this clock. The ones that I had were built in ( not sure how to spell it) Chatuenouf France. The clock shop that I sold it to, told me that the case would have been built circa 1750. the movement was originaly a wag clock. The movement had a hammered brass face, depicting a hunter and hounds scene. Mahlon

arutha
              Participant

Hi Mahon, thanks for the info :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.