Home Forums General Discussion Forum Old Automation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    chris mabbott
    Participant

This is a cool vid from back in the day…. Notice some of the machine tools used 😮

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee5Wn7KlFoc

bernie weishapl
      Participant

Now that was pretty cool. Loved it.

chris mabbott
        Participant

That pattern copying machine is pretty damn neat for it’s age, and to think that it was the early version of what they’re trying to do with 3d printers.

Also the way they checked the velocity 1789 feet per sec. I didn’t think they had digital readout, computer controlled copying etc back in 69.
          Also the automated stock making machine… I wonder if that stuff is for sale on ebay 😆

bernie weishapl
          Participant

lol Chris it might be. I was impressed with the machining they did and yes the stock making machine was just plain cool. I have often sat in my shop restoring a old antique clock using all these modern tools and wondered how the hell they made a lot of that stuff with what they had. I often watched my grandfather make furniture with tools he had from the 1860s. We have planers, joiners, lathes, drill presses, routers, etc that I use today to make furniture and he had antique hand tools and some very old drills, etc. He made some of the finest pieces I have seen. His youngest son my uncle Charlie sold the grandfather clock he made that was absolutely beautiful with just hand tools. Simply amazes me what they did with so little.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.