Home Forums General Discussion Forum Oilly baker spring winder

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    dulwich2410
    Participant

Hi boys over the water can you advise me where to buy a Oilly Baker
      Spring winder and will ship it to the U.K. This looks a good winder ?.

Thank you in advance

John.

arutha
      Participant

As you didnt get a reply John I would look on ebay.com, they do come up from time to time and most US sellers are happy to post to the UK.
        Paul.

arutha
        Participant

Having had a look by searching on google it looks like the Ollie Baker is no longer available. If you want one of these then your best chance will be ebay or keep an eye out on Uncle Larry’s site as he might get one come in.
          Paul.

bobs clocks
          Participant

I just checked timesavers and they still list the Ollie Baker in their website, http://timesavers.com/. Their price is $235.00.

arutha
            Participant

That is an Ollie Baker “style” winder not an Ollie baker. I dont know if anyone has tried one of these or what they are like.
              Thanks for the link Bob’s clocks.
              Paul.

jim1228
              Participant

Hey John,
                If Time Savers is out of stock try http://www.merritts.com/clock_parts/public/product.aspx?ProductID=81313 It’s the same price, not sure if they ship to the UK but won’t hurt to ask. These winders sell quickly so jump on it when you can. Make sure it comes with all the sleeves. I have one myself and you can’t beat it. Well made. Bolt it down to your bench or like I did bolt it down to a nice piece of maple or oak.
                I wish you well,
                Jim

stevefitzwater
                Participant

I purchased one of the Ollie Baker Style winders from this guy on eBay, I just checked and he does not have any listed, last month he was selling 50 or more of them.

http://stores.ebay.com/Mount-Vernon-Clock-Company

He offered 2 choices, 1 with just the winder and sleeves, then one with let down tools, mainspring clamps and sleeves… can not remember the prices, I can look it up if you want.

bernie weishapl
                  Participant

I have seen and tried the one from Merritts. It is the Ollie Baker style and is a good as my original Ollie Baker. I do like the longer winding handle than my short one on the original.

dulwich2410
                    Participant

Hi Paul i thought I’ve been blackball by the forum thanks for your reply checking out
                      ebay and suppliers, did not realiser they stopped making oily baker winders once again
                      thank you all.

John.

arutha
                      Participant

John,
                        we don’t “blackball” anyone, sometimes if the forum is quite active some questions just get pushed down the page without an answer, I do try to remember to check but I am knocking on a bit and my memory aint what it used to be…what was I saying? Where am I?
                        Paul (I think!) :D

dulwich2410
                        Participant

Hi Paul only joking this is one excellent forum with equally excellent
                          personnel running it.

Thanks again

John.

willofiam

Paul is always on top of it, organized and intelligent, he is the best ever, not sure what we would do without him ;) …..William

arutha
                            Participant

@willofiam wrote:

Paul is always on top of it, organized and intelligent, he is the best ever, not sure what we would do without him ;) …..William

What are you after William? And who on earth told you I am intelligent? 😯
                              Paul :)

brutusamiga
                              Participant

I ordered an Ollie Baker from Merritts a while back. It was unable to handle HUGE fusee springs so I decided to buy a Keystone. I think the Keystone is an amazing winder and worth every cent.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.