Home Forums General Discussion Forum OG Striking set up.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    msp2502
    Participant

Hi All
      Have spent some time getting an E N Welch 30 hour OG up and running.Its looking good and running well .
      I have fitted 3lb weights to both trains . There are 2 issues with the striking that I am not totally happy with , firstly it seems a bit quick between strikes . I guess I need less weight on that side. Does anyone have a similar clock and could advise the weights they have fitted ?
      Secondly , however I adjust the gong wire or the hammer (and i`ve adjusted it a lot of times!) it gives a very disappointing sound ,is this just how these clocks are ? Thanks for any suggestions.
      Regards
      Malcolm

willofiam

Hey Malcolm, first, I am not sure on the proper weight for your clock but I do not know if a lighter weight will solve the speed of the chime train, maybe. I would check the fly first, see if it is spinning freely or not and how free it spins, if too free then tightening it to the arbor should help slow down the chime train. on your gong make sure all screws that hold it are tight and nothing is vibrating against anything else. the hammer should hit squarely yet move away enough to allow the gong to sound off without any interference from the hammer head, each clock has its own “voice” and it may be what it is. anyway I hope that helps you out, have a super day, William

msp2502
        Participant

William
          Thanks for the suggestions ,i`ll give them a go.
          Malcolm

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.