Home Forums General Discussion Forum No lathe forum

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    torsion
    Participant

Hi all hope everyone staying safe
      It seems strange to me that there is not a dedicated lathe forum, I see there is one for clocks but the courses are watch, clocks, and lathes , and I see that a few people have asked about lathe collets, most adverts just state 8 or 10 mm but if you look at the picture below you can see that there are many different ones.

Dell

Anonymous

Hello Torsion
        When I joined the forum about 5 years ago I had a discussion with Bob about having separate lathe, watch and clock forums. He said that he did have separate forums for Clock Watch and lathes when he first started the forum but decided to make a general forum to cover all three topics. There are many machinists and engineer members and although he tried to make clear that discussions should be horologically related discussions would naturally often drift off into large Engine and CNC lathes and tooling as well as other machines not related to horology. This became confusing and sometimes discouraging for clock and watch members.
        If you notice there is not a clock repair forum only a clock Making forum and Parts fabricating forum. Clocks, watches and lathes are discussed in the general forum. Topics can be brought up using the search function.

Best, Phil

torsion
        Participant

Hi Phil
          I suppose that makes sense but it just seemed odd I mainly purchased the course for the lathe course as I had not used a graver very much and a lot of the clocks I buy have screws and finials missing and it is a pain to find them so hopefully eventually I will be able to make most things I need.
          I have only watched the first part so far so hopefully the rest will be as informative as the first.
          Dell

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.