Home Forums General Discussion Forum Newbie! Such a newbie…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    gaslamp
    Participant

Hey there, everyone! I’m Dee, and I just picked up the watch repair course recently and am very excited- and a bit overwhelmed by the amount of detail that goes into one little pocket watch. I started collecting old movements when the recession hit and folks were selling their heirlooms for scrap gold and silver. It killed me to see all the old movements being tossed, working or not. I currently have a dozen or so working and non working movements and full watches I promised myself that “one day I’ll learn to fix them properly.”

At 55, the day has finally arrived. I’m elbow deep in lessons and rounding up the right tools for the job. Being on a tight budget, the slow troll through Ebay, Dave’s Watch site and others has been fun. I’ll probably be posting many silly questions at first, but looking forward to the journey! :mrgreen:

Dee

Bob Tascione

Welcome to the forum Dee, good to see you up here. !

Looks like you have plenty of old movements to get started with.
        Have fun and ask questions up here anytime.

Take care for now,
        Bob

willofiam

Hello Dee….Welcome…..everyone was a newbie at one time ;) Sounds like you have been bitten by the proverbial horological bug. Excellent way to start with a pile of discarded movements, no pressure…. Have fun, William

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.