Home Forums General Discussion Forum New watchmaker needs help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    yerigh
    Participant

Hi everyone. OK here’s what I got. I needed to replace the movement on a Bulova quartz watch. Once I received it (VX82E) I installed it and the date switches around the 4:00 range. The only way I know how to remove the stem from the movement is to remove the battery connection plate. Once I do that, I’m able to remove the stem but then the wheels are exposed and the whole thing falls apart. I then need to remove the hands and start all over. When the date jumps on the wrong time on most watches, I can remove the stem by pushing a button or removing one screw, perform my adjustment and bingo bango I’m done. Anyone have any suggestions on how to remove the stem on a VX82E quartz movement. The manufacturer is S. Epson Corp.

Bob Tascione

Hi Yerigh,
        I’m not sure since I don’t have this movement with me but I think the lever you need to push on may be hiding along the edge of the movement next to the stem. Try clicking the stem in and out into the set position and you should see a small lever with a little indentation moving back and forth. When (if) you see it push the stem back in and then push the indentation with a pin and pull the stem out.

Hope that’s does it Yerigh,
        Enjoy,

Bob

yerigh
        Participant

Thank you so much Bob. I will try that. I noticed you are the only person that replies to a lot of the posts. I hope that will change as us newbies get better and will want to donate some knowledge as well. Because I dont know anything yet… I will only ask questions. =)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.