Home Forums General Discussion Forum new use for watchmakers bench

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    willofiam

O.K. My oldest son and his girlfriend asked if I would babysit for the afternoon, I am now a official grandpa….I think…
      This is a golden-doodle puppy they just picked up last week…Underfoot at all times it dawned on me that the pull out catch is perfect for containing rambunctious puppies, and I can still work. William

tmac1956
      Participant

William:

You might as well give up that bench when the pup is in town. My cats do the same thing.

Later,
        Tom

arutha
        Participant

Nice to see you have filled the vacancy for an apprentice ;)

willofiam

Hey Paul, just so you know you came in a close second.

arutha
            Participant

Was it the traveling expenses that put you off taking me on?

willofiam

@Arutha wrote:

Was it the traveling expenses that put you off taking me on?

NO, not at all, I would pay those in a second…..it was the projected cost of food :D

arutha
                Participant

Fair point, I would eat a LOT more than the dog and I probably smell worse :)

willofiam

@Arutha wrote:

and I probably smell worse

Well….I didnt want to say, but………. ;)

chris mabbott
                    Participant

Well in all fairness, Paul does have a nice head to pat and he wouldn’t shed as much hair as the retriever 😆

Sorry Paul, you would be well within your rights as admin to delete these posts and ban William for a week for being naughty, not me though ;)

Bob Tascione

That’s a great pic William!
                        so…where are you going to sleep now? :)
                        Bob

arutha
                        Participant

@Chris Mabbott wrote:

Sorry Paul, you would be well within your rights as admin to delete these posts and ban William for a week for being naughty, not me though ;)

I couldn’t possibly ban anyone for speaking the truth now could I Chris?
                          I only delete duplicate posts or anything which is unfriendly but as of yet the later has never happened on this forum. I don’t think I will ever be a proper horologist as most of the old horologist guys in this country don’t seem to have a sense of humour, I have only just realised it is where I have been going wrong. If I am ever going to be as good as Bob (not implying he does not have a sense of humour, he is a very funny guy :))and live this side of the pond I will have to buy a tweed suit, wear a monocle and loose my sense of humour.
                          Paul.

willofiam

This pup wore me out!!!!! It will take 3 days to recuperate.. also found a nice little present she left for me 🙄 I wonder what kind of cleaning solution I should use???? I will probably just carefully cover it with a paper towel until my wife finds it….
                            @Bob Tascione wrote:

so…where are you going to sleep now?

I have a bed set up between the lathes and the bushing machine, right in front of the computer so I can fall asleep watching the clock and watch videos ;)
                            On a more serious note, finding puppy hair on the bench-top (maybe it is my hair), that wont cut it…. the thought is, does anyone wear a schmock while working on clocks or watches to help keep the hair and fuzzies from getting all over? I had a ships clock come in because it had stopped, I found a eyelash in the escapement area. of coarse unless I put a plastic bag over my head I suppose a schmock wont help much. William

arutha
                            Participant

I wear this –

willofiam

Paul, that is fantastic, great idea, where did you get it? I think it would save alot of time in the end. William

arutha
                                Participant

I borrowed it from my mother-in-law, she used to wear it when I visited until she got used to me 😯

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.