Home Forums General Discussion Forum new to me

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    les458
    Participant

Hi, recently bought a movement to practice on, first time i have seen an adjustment like this on the balance cock, would like to know more about it before i strip it down, sadly i suspect the staff pivot has gone, thanks Les

Bob Tascione

Hi Les,

The SnailCam Regulator (there’s another name for it but of course I can’t remember) is an arrangement that is sometimes seen on higher end watches. It allows for finer/smaller adjustments of the regulator than the standard setup found on most watches The spring tension pressing the regulator arm against the cam also keeps the regulator arm from jumping/moving from a sudden shock or jolt to the watch. In the pic it looks like the lever overshot the high point of the cam…the arm (follower) should stop at the outer part (highest point) on the cam/snail. The rate will increase as the lever moves outward on the cam reaching it’s max. rate at the highest point.

Enjoy!

Bob

les458
        Participant

Thanks Bob, Much appreciated,

zach
          Participant

Wow that’s interesting it must be kinda rare because I have never even read much less seen anything like that. very cool.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.