Home Forums General Discussion Forum New Pallet

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    arutha
    Participant

Hi all,
      I have been given a French Japy Freres striking clock movement to service which would not normaly be a problem but on this one it looks like the last bodger to work on it broke the pallets by trying to close them up. They are the solid steel type and were soldered back together after the idiot had cleaned up the faces of the break (I would think he thought by doing this would bring the two acting faces a bit closer together :( )
      Obviously I am not happy using the old one as a template, although it will give me some idea of how it should look, so I would like to make one from scratch. What I need help with is how do you work out the dimensions needed or does anyone know of a link?
      Many thanks in advance
      Paul.

Bob Tascione

Hey Paul,
        You may already have this pdf file by Mark Headrick at Abbey Clock but if not then you should find it very helpful. He covers the Brocot which some of these clocks have between the plates (and outside the dial) and the solid steel recoil pallets ( I think that’s the one you’re asking about) that are common in the Japy Freres. This pdf is about the best I’ve seen out there for determining the dimensions.
        http://www.abbeyclock.com/EscMechanics.pdf

Hope it’s what you’re looking for. Please let us know.
        Good luck,
        Bob

arutha
        Participant

Perfect :) Thanks Bob.
          I will let you know how they turn out.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.