Home Forums General Discussion Forum New microscope

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mclark3617
    Participant

Just got a microscope with a camera and guess what I seen, with my loupes this watch didnt look bad, but under the microscope look what i see

mclark3617
      Participant

Hairspring alot of unseen oil it seems

david pierce
        Participant

McLark,
          A microscope makes things so much easier for me. I cannot tolerate a loop for extended periods of time. A microscope also puts more distance between me and the watch which keeps a lot of moisture and other contaminants such as hair from falling into the watch works’.
          david

chris mabbott
          Participant

The old saying of…. If you look too close, you will see things that you may not want to see, as in if you microscope you skin, you will see all the tiny little bugs crawling over us, eating dead skin, same goes for any bed, full of microscopic life 😆

BUGS CLICK ME

David, you should try my method of preventing hair from falling into the works 😆

mahlon
            Participant

David, you mention moisture, you can eliminate the moisture by not slobbering over the watch :D just a thought 8-) Mahlon

willofiam

Hey Mahlon, does this hook up to the computer? can you take a picture of the microscope? Yes…moisture, even breathing on things will put moisture there, I practice not to blow particles off of something using my breath, either use a hand blower or wipe stuff away.
                Also like Chris has said the closer you look the more you see, it can be a struggle of never being satisfied with how clean, or perfect any part really is, if you microscopically look at a clock pivot there always seems to be a blemish, you could end up grinding away the whole thing before it is satisfactory.
                Chris, I am sure if we put your head under magnification we could find one or 2 hairs, but your commitment to perfection is inspiring, I think it will be a couple of years and I will be at your level even without any effort, as my grandfathers bumper sticker read, “bald is beautiful” I may not have a choice in the matter. William

davidjm
                Participant

@Mclark3617 wrote:

Just got a microscope with a camera and guess what I seen, with my loupes this watch didnt look bad, but under the microscope look what i see[attachment=0:1wkznse1]Microscope 009.jpg[/attachment:1wkznse1]

May i ask what brand and model of microscope did you purchase.

chris mabbott
                  Participant

😆 William, my favorite bumper stickers read…… “I want to die as my grandfather did, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car” :D
                    And my all time favorite…… “Go ahead, keep honking, I’m reloading” 😆

Yes, thank you sir William for reading into my previous trip down the winding road, that is exaactly what I was referring to :) Before you know it, your pivot has disappeared from trying to make it perfectly perfect Doh.

The head is shaved daily and tested with cotton wool, smoother than any pivot, and like the gypsies of old, I charge $1 to rub the lucky bald head 😆

Not sure what this has to do with the original topic, so my apologies for hijacking the thread with my ramblings 🙄

mclark3617
                    Participant

Its an Olympus brand but i havent been able to peg down the model or year yet, its 7 to 45 power zoom with a nikon coolpix camera

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.