Home Forums General Discussion Forum New member UK

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    TonyBott
    Participant

Any other members in the UK?

Especially in the South West perhaps we could collaborate?

Dell
      Participant

I am in UK in the cotswolds, not quite south west but we can chat there are clock and lathe groups on Facebook I am admin for ( Pultra and any watchmakers lathe ) but I am on how to repair pendulum clocks, among others , I restore torsion  ( anniversary) clocks so I am on the 400 day group as well , if you want help regarding lathe then there are plenty of knowledgeable friendly people on my group ( but please answer questions if you apply) and then we can chat via messenger, the same goes for How to repair pendulum clocks and the admin is a clock conservator works for museums English heritage and national trust knows what he is at

cheers Dell

TonyBott
        Participant

Thank you for the reply. Im gradually teaching myself but I do think that if I could spend some time with someone who had an idea what they were doing it would be a lot faster.

Sorry about the delay I have not looked at this site for a while I will pay more attention from now on.

All the best

Tony

Dell
          Participant

Hi Tony

I am by no means a skilled machinist I have only learned by the videos on this site and other videos via purchase or YouTube, I mainly make parts for torsion clocks although I do make some of the tools I need and mainly using a graver but not exclusively , I do have a YouTube channel @torsiondell where I show how I make screws and other parts I do have some dvd’s that you could watch made by W Smith a very well known clockmaker, the best of them being how to make and use a graver.

Dell

TonyBott
            Participant

I do not have access to a lathe so that sort of work will be beyond my remit.

However Im trying to learn about the clock mechanism repair. Please keep in contact.

I go into hospital tomorrow so I may be quiet for a while but I will contact you again.

Take care

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.