Home Forums General Discussion Forum New Haven Mission Clock

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    arutha
    Participant

I have just bought a New Haven Mission Clock. The pendulum is missing so I was wondering if any of you lovely people would happen to have one and be able to tell me the size and weight of the pendulum?
      It is exactly like this one –

Thanks in advance,
      Paul.

ewinrow
      Participant

Hey Paul, I wish I could help you. I do have a few of them hanging around but all brass shafts. I don’t know how you and eBay get along but that’s my go to 1st. I wish you the best and let us know how you made out. Ed.

bernie weishapl
        Participant

Paul I have this one. The pendulum on it is 29 1/2″ long and it weighs 20.5 oz. Don’t know if that will help. I bought this one and I believe it is a New Haven. I haven’t had a chance as you can see by the dust yet but hopefully soon.

arutha
          Participant

Thanks for the reply Ed :)
            They are a bit scarce this side of the pond and postage from the other side is excessive. If I dont get an answer I will go the long winded route and follow a similar procedure that bob shows in his video. As it is one of my own clocks there is no rush :)

arutha
            Participant

Hi Bernie,
              that looks perfect :) I would guess by the hands on your clock it is a New Haven and the position of the winding arbor holes look good too!
              This will give me a good head start so thank you very much for taking the time to post the pics and reply :)
              Paul.

bernie weishapl
              Participant

Your welcome Paul. Hope it helps.

willofiam

Paul, If you look in Decarles book on clock repair he gives formulas on how to figure out the pendulum length…it is in the section on formulating gear sizes, ratios ect.., I have been reading this lately and is really a good thing to learn even for general repairs as you are experiencing now(may take me awhile to figure it out though 🙄 ) but you could get it in a snap….. William

arutha
                  Participant

Hey William,
                    you should know by now I dont like to do anything the easy way :)
                    If Bernie hadn’t come up with the goods I would just be fixing on a stick with a stone taped to the end :)
                    Paul.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.