Home Forums Member Shop Pics. My Shop “Bernie Weishapl”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    bernie weishapl
    Participant

Well here are a few pictures of my shop and tools. The watchmakers bench has a lot of watch tools seperate from my clock tools. I have been in this shop for about 31 yrs and it is not as tidy as some but is comfortable for me. My wife came out 5 yrs ago to clean the shop for me and I told her to stay in her craft room because I couldn’t find a dang thing when she got done. 😆 Anyway lots of clocks and watches have been thru here. I guess you could call me a hoarder because I have boxes of movements, movement parts, etc that I have acquired over the years. On the lathe bench what you see in the picture is about half of it. The drawer below has 3 jaw chuck, 2 tail stocks (one that holds collets), burnishers, and all the little gadgets I have made over the years like the flag Bob made on his video. Anyway here it is.

bernie weishapl
      Participant

More pictures.

willofiam

Great shop Bernie, I know what you mean about the wife cleaning and organizing, just last week my wonderful wife came out to do just that, I think it is really cool to have her want to be part of it, BUT like you said, I looked for something for 1/2 a hour. I am going to let her do her thing but I will have to be a pert of it too. maybe thats the real issue of all time between man and woman, Could be possible that as Adam tended the garden, Eve organized his shed and Adam could not find the pruning shears for the fruit tree….well, you know the rest.

On the post under the fat man clock, is that a swing out movement holder?

Hard to get rid of movements, you just never know if youll need something from it.

Thanks for sharing, William

bernie weishapl
          Participant

Thanks William. Yes it is a swing out holder. I have two of those.

Bob Tascione

Now that’s a cool “working” shop!
              Great setup Bernie. Thanks for posting. Please keep the pics coming if you have a chance.
              Bob

bernie weishapl
              Participant

Will do Bob. I will take a few more when I get the Taig setup that I am going to order tomorrow.

gerene
                Participant

Really nice shop Bernie, looking forward to more pics, especially from the Taig… ;)

Jan

arutha
                  Participant

I dont allow my wife to organise my workshop, I am perfectly capable of losing stuff myself, even though it is not lost and right there in front of me. 🙄
                    Good to see another working workshop Bernie, how long did it take to get it how you wanted it, I am still having issues after 14 months!
                    Paul.

bernie weishapl
                    Participant

Thanks again to all.

Paul I am still arranging here and there but probably 15 yrs 😆 to get it where it is now. I have to tell you a story Paul. It may be my age but anyway I ordered 4- 3/4″ X .0165″ X 96″ mainsprings. Got them in and fixed the clock I was working on. I told myself put these where you will find them because I had another clock in line that had a broke mainspring. Well a week or two later I started on the clock. Yep you guessed it. I could not find those mainsprings to save my soul. So rather than waste a day looking I just ordered 4 more. Of course they came in and I went to the shop to finish the clock. I sat down and looked straight ahead. Yes there were the two I was looking for right in front of me. 🙄 😆 So don’t feel bad.

gerene
                      Participant

Glad to hear that I am not the only one who is so well organised that he cannot find back the stuff he carefully stored to certainly not loose them. :?

Jan

bernie weishapl
                        Participant

😆 It has happened more than once Jan. :D

willofiam

😆 Thanks for making me laugh 😆

david pierce
                            Participant

And I thought I was the only one that happened to. With me it is usually a set of Allen Wrenches or the one Allen Wrench out of the set that I need at the moment. Now if I can only remember where I parked my car!
                              david

bernie weishapl
                              Participant

😆 My problem to day was finding my glasses. Of course they were on top of my head. 😆

bobpat
                                Participant

YUP, Done that 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.