Home Forums Member Shop Pics. My mainspring winder etc. Kevin “khoward279”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    khoward279
    Participant

This is my take on a mainspring winder. I made this at work where I have access to the tooling. Thanks to William for his help and pictures.

willofiam

BEE AAA UUU TTT FUL. I like, Does it have a ratchet system to aid in locking the headstock? or are you using the flat on the spindle rod to lock it? William

khoward279
        Participant

Thanks William. I decided to use a flat with a thumb screw because I was running out of time before I took sick leave from work. I’m hoping to install a ratchet or hand made click system. I work with some crafty design people and the click stop is pretty cool they came up with. Next up my version of a pivot polisher and pictures. Thanks again for the help. :)

bernie weishapl
          Participant

Good looking winder. A click that reverses would be a must in my mind.

khoward279
            Participant

Hi Bernie,
              Your right I will be building that next. I will be showing that when complete and I think you guy’s are going to like it. :D

cazclocker
              Participant

Holy mackerel, I just found this thread. That winder is beautifully made! That is just the sort of thing that make you sleep well after you make it.
                …Doug
                PS…I hope you post more pictures if you add improvements to it!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.