Home Forums General Discussion Forum Musical Coukoo clock

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    haskell davis
    Participant

I have a coukoo clock with the dancers and I cannot find out how to hook up the two wires that have screws nuts on one end and one has a hole and one has a bent end. I know where they attach to the music box because I did a drawing before they were removed, but cannot figure out what to attach the ends that have the screw nuts. Does one attach to a bellows wire that has two wires on it? Help

willofiam

@Haskell Davis wrote:

Does one attach to a bellows wire that has two wires on it?

No I dont think so. I have a idea of what your dilemma could be but I better wait for a picture. I am having a difficult time understanding exactly what you are describing so if you put up a photo that would help alot. William

haskell davis
        Participant

Sorry,I am not able to send a photo. I am new to this hobby. One of the wires with the brass circle (at the bottom) and a screw in it has a hole and was hanging on a smaller wire attached to the music box. That is the one on the left. The other one has the same brass ring (at the bottom) with a screw and had a hook on the other end, that was hanging in an oblong wire loop on the music box. That is where they were when I disassembled it, because I did a drawing. There could have been something missing. I ordered it from e-bay. I failed to show in my drawing what they hook to. Something from the works has to activate the music box. I have ordered a book on how to repair coukoo clocks, but I don’t know when I will get it or if it will help. Thanks for taking time to help. Haskell

willofiam

do you have the ebay listing #

bernie weishapl
            Participant

I think it would attach to one of the shafts near the top of the movement. It definitely does not attach to the bellows. You might try some video’s on youtube that may help. Here is a pretty good view from the rear of one with a music box. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym0aRB8rCfg This shows a music box with dancers.

Here is a gentleman that works on only cuckoo clocks and has 2 dvd’s on cuckoo’s and music boxes. http://www.cuckooclockhospital.com/

As William said without pictures and all the different clocks it is pretty hard to guess but I am thinking your arm must attach to a shaft coming thru the plate in the upper part of the movement plate just to the right of the verge pivot hole. Your piece if I have it in my mind right slips over this round shaft and the screw in your piece clamps down on the shaft.

haskell davis
              Participant

I do not have the Ebay listing number. I am including pictures of the cuckoo clock that I was referring to. Thanks.

willofiam

Cant say I have seen anything like that, sorry, hope someone has some info for you….keep us up to date on figuring it out. William

haskell davis
                  Participant

Thanks for all your help. I’ll let you know when I get it figured out. I am going to look for the post mentioned earlier. Haskell

haskell davis
                    Participant

Bernie: You were right. There were two shafts where they attach. I still have to do some fine tuning but the music works now. Thanks for your help. H. Davis

bernie weishapl
                      Participant

No problem that is what we are all here for. Glad it is working for you.

haskell davis
                        Participant

My son who is an who is an industrial engineer said I should have made a picture before I took it apart> I’ll do that next time. H. D.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.