Home Forums General Discussion Forum MISSING MEMBERS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    david pierce
    Participant

We haven’t heard from several of the other members in awhile. Some names that come to mind are Ewinrow, Daryn, Catskill Painter, Michael Weaver, Showaddywaddy and many others. If you guys are out there how about posting a comment. Hopefully you are still working on clocks and watches. If not, how about posting a comment anyway.
      david

michael weaver
      Participant

Sorry, I have been very busy. I have a new son that will be blessing my house in about 3 weeks. Considering this is number 5 😯 , counting my stepdaughter, it lessens the blow a little. I like to work on watches when I’m alone. It’s a zen thing for me. I haven’t had much time alone without a list of a million other things to do or distractions. I have done more lathe work than anything. Just making junk to get practice.

tmac1956
        Participant

Michael:

Get yourself an old beat-up fiddle and make screaming cat noises on it – that’ll get you alone pretty quick. ;)

Thanks!
          Tom

michael weaver
          Participant

Haha! Yeah Tom I do have a few of those suckers laying around. I also have a couple of 👿 banjos 👿 (excuse my language) that will do the trick.

c.kelly
            Participant

Hi All,
              It has been a bit since I posted anything but I’m still here and still enjoy working on watches. Recently I got two Valjoux 7750 watches and have got them going. The first was really gummed up and had broken oscillating pinion pivot. It was just a movement so when I got it running I bought case and dial to show it off. The other was a Tag Heuer that I got off ebay. It arrived as movement out of the case. Pushers had been removed from case as well as the ring that goes under bezel to prevent bezel from moving clockwise. Anyway working on the 7750 was a great deal of fun and a great learning experience. I now have the Tag running and keeping good time. I can’t tell you how much fun it is to start and reset the chrono on a watch you had completely apart.
              Charles K

david pierce
              Participant

Charles,
                I have two questions:
                How does the bench look that was under construction?
                Where does someone purchase the wood product that your company manufactures?
                Thanks
                david

c.kelly
                Participant

Hi,
                  Right now the bench is covered but really works great. I thought I had posted a picture of it earlier. The plywood that my company makes is generally sold to distributers or OEM shops. However Home Depot buys a lot of our panels so just go into any of their stores. If they have a pro desk they can even specially order any kind of veneer face or thickness you want.
                  Thanks,
                  Charles K

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.