Home Forums Hints, Tips and Tricks minute hand washer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    willofiam

Hi guys, dont add more washers to tighten up on the minute hand, just recup your washer to fit, or if adding a new one make to fit just right….. I drilled out a cup in a block of maple with a 1/2″ bull nose router bit,null I suppose you could use whatever and a assortment of sizes might come in handy. :D I use a small ball end of a hammer or a rounded punch depending on what I have to accomplish.

Lightly tapping and making sure it comes out uniform, prefit, buff out, re-blue (as Bob taught us so well in his video) size a tapper pin and blue, and WHALLAH a one washer snug fit good looking minute hand washer

arutha
      Participant

Very nice! More tips like that please William :)

willofiam

Thanks Paul, I have another for the square hole minute hands but will have to wait for a rainy day..William

Bob Tascione

Great tip William!
            Thanks
            Bob

pkamargo
            Participant

At merritts.com you can buy a tool that’s intended for this purpose:

http://www.merritts.com/clock_parts/public/product.aspx?ProductID=90614&SearchText=hand%20washer

willofiam

I never seen this, well I must be on the right track. Thanks for posting that. William

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.