Home Forums General Discussion Forum Mandrel for 3 jaw chuck

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    clockman1509
    Participant

Good afternoon all, Yes its me yet again, I put up a post a few months ago entitled (problem with Boley1 ww headstock) there’ a photo of my chuck
      screw that holds it on the mandrel. the original mandrel was badly damaged and being a total newbe I threw it away not knowing any better
      (but i am Learning not to be hasty) it is this mandrel that is causing me consternation, I have looked on ebay,on the net no avail.
      The chuck is made by a company call L S & co and is numbere 16 can anyone on the forum offer advice where to get one or maybe they have a spare in their kit that they would like to sell me.
      many thanks
      Alan :)

david pierce
      Participant

Clockman
        Does your lathe take standard WW collets and other arbors? If the answer is yes you can get your lathe up and running with chucks and collets from many sources. On source I use is RDG tools located in the UK. Check them out on their webpage and also on Ebay.
        david

clockman1509
        Participant

Thanks David, did as yo said and three jaw chuck is back in working order, by the way what do you recommend grease wise for the chuck?
          many thanks
          Alan

david pierce
          Participant

Alan,
            I use hydraulic oil for everything on these small machines. The problem with grease is metal chips stick to it and get lodged in the jaw mechanisms.
            david

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.