Home Forums General Discussion Forum Making Tee Nuts…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tmac1956
    Participant

All:

This is probably one of the first things that I plan to make – once I get a mini mill/drill that is, although as david said, you can make one with a saw and a file. I just thought I’d post the video link as it looks pretty well done. There are two parts, but you can find the part #2 link easy enough. There are several machinists here who probably know a lot more than the gentleman in the video, but he has over 100 vids out there. They say knowledge is power so…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAnXgxZ16m8

Enjoy!
      tmac

P.s. On a mini mill/drill I don’t know if you can take cuts as deep as this fellow does.

david pierce
      Participant

Tom,
        The guy in the video seems to be a good machinist. Observe that he planned out the project before cutting any metal. The vice in the video is an old Bridgeport vice and was the industry standard until the Kurt vice was invented. The vice that I recommended (and purchased) is a knock off using the Kurt design. Also, the smaller mill can not take a cut that is as heavy as the more massive Bridgeport mill.
        david

tmac1956
        Participant

David:

Is this the one that you bought?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-ANG-LOCK-MILLING-MACHINE-VISE-w-swival-base-NEW-/310329280667?pt=BI_Tool_Work_Holding&hash=item484111089b

Also, the R8 collet holder for the mini mill/drill seems to now be missing from HF’s site. I sent them an email and have yet to get a response.

Thanks!
          Tom

david pierce
          Participant

Tom,
            Yes, that is the vice I bought. The 3′ vice fits on the HF mill.
            david

tmac1956
            Participant

@david pierce wrote:

Tom,
              Yes, that is the vice I bought. The 3′ vice fits on the HF mill.
              david

Great… I’ll put it on my first list. Won’t I need an R8 collet holder to do anything other than drilling? If so, where can I get one? HF doesn’t seem to carry it anymore.

Thanks!
              Tom

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.