• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    willofiam

Hey guys, here is part 3. This video will show how I achieve the radial flank angles using the sine bar attachment I made for the lathe. It is a highly accurate way of setting the form tool to the proper angle for the radial flank of a cycloidal tooth form for making clock wheel cutters and clock pinion cutters. Remember that the sine bar attachment can be made to fit your lathe. It is a fun project and I learned a lot while making it. I also think the attachment could have many other uses.
      We have this up at http://LearnTimeOnline.com you can read more about it, browse around there a bit because there is a lot of interesting things going on and new stuff everyday.

Hope you enjoy, have fun, William

BACK TO FORUM INDEX PAGE: http://clockrepairtips.com/forum/index.php

[youtube:3mq11aed]JbGT5V_Vbnw[/youtube:3mq11aed]

BACK TO FORUM INDEX PAGE: http://clockrepairtips.com/forum/index.php

Anonymous

William this is amazing content!
        I had to rewind the video several times in places for everything to sink in to this thick skull but I think I finally get it!

That form tool you made is a work of art in itself.
        I Am looking forward to part 4. Will you explain how the tool is used in part 4?
        THANK YOU!
        dan

Anonymous

Ohh man I am either blind or stupid or both!
          Forget the question about part 4. It’s right in front of my nose. You already made it and it looks like you covered the form tool more. 😳
          I’m on my way to it now, thanks!
          Dan

willofiam

Hey Dan, I know….when studying cycloidal tooth form, what cutters would be needed for cutting wheels and pinions, the math and the process of making the cutters can get real confusing. Believe me….I have had to go back many a time in my learning process, which by the way will never end…
            I hope that in the videos I am getting enough across to simplify some of the ideas and the process. It can be so involved and hard to explain.
            I have had hours of video (since I can babble on 🙄 ) reduced to an acceptable length can leave some things a bit vague, either that or I need to work on presentation :? (most likely) .
            I think once we get thru all of the videos it will become even more clear.
            Remember, :) the form tool is the HSS cutter with the radius ground on the end of it, this cutter makes the form on the blank, the form tool is then held in the sine bar attachment to get the radial flank angle.
            Thank you Dan for the wonderful response. Have a fantastic day
            If you have questions please post them, we are all learning (me the most ;) ) William

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.