• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    bernie weishapl
    Participant

Just a note to say you might want to check out Mahlon’s post on “Lathe practice.”

His wife Kay has posted that on May 16th Mahlon passed away of a apparent heart attack. What a shock. He was a gem of a man that I got to know in the short time here. You just never know when the Lord will come calling. My wife and I just want Kay to know that she and the family will be in our thoughts and prayers. What a shock.

david pierce
      Participant

Bernie, Tom,
        Thanks for letting the rest of us know. Mahlon was an extremely talanted and innovative man and will be missed.
        david

Bob Tascione

Thank you for posting this Bernie,
          The link to the thread that Mahlons wife Kay posted to as well as member responses is http://clockrepairtips.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1139

Bob

bernie weishapl
          Participant

I just thought it was important as he was well liked by all. He will be missed.

Bob Tascione

Hi Bernie,
              I agree.
              It’s good that you posted a separate thread for him as many people may not be following the lathe thread and wouldn’t be made aware of the news.
              Mahlon was very well liked and appreciated.
              Sad news indeed.
              Bob

chris mabbott
              Participant

I’ve just read the shocking news about Mahlon’ sudden departure from our midst.

I can only echo the sentiments that everyone has expressed, and also add that the positive I see in this is that our friend & fellow enthusiast was pursuing something he really enjoyed and was passionate about prior to him leaving us, which is something that all of us wish for.

Whereas it’s always sad when someone close to us is no longer here, we can be happy that we shared some pleasurable moments with him, that he will be remembered through these memories & experiences, along with his contributions to all on this forum, and that my friends is a valuable gift to bequeath upon others, our continued presence through the positive experiences we share with those we meet..

Mr. Mahlon will definitely be remembered but he will also be sorely missed….

bernie weishapl
                Participant

Well said Chris and I agree.

arutha
                  Participant

I can’t think of how to word what Bernie said differently, great post for a man that deserved those kind words :)
                    Paul.

ewinrow
                    Participant

So sorry to hear of this. My best wish’s go out to him and his family. God bless, Ed.

peggy332014
                      Participant

OH MY! I had just received today the tools he said he was going to send me! I was going to let him know I got them!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.