Home Forums General Discussion Forum Lucien Piccard vs Jorg Gray.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dgarcia
    Participant

I need votes please.

arutha
      Participant

What do you mean “I need votes please”? Are you asking which of these companies makes the best watch?

dgarcia
        Participant

Yes.

david pierce
          Participant

Is there such a thing as a “best watch”? I know that there are a bunch of Swiss Watch Companies that have incredible ad campaigns designed to make customers think that their watch is the “best” watch. The problem is a $30.00 Casio Wave Ceptor is accurate to about 1/4 of a second per month and a $40,000.00 Rolex chronometer is only accurate to about 1 minute a month (if that), so how does one judge “the best watch”? Every two to three years the Rolex needs to be sent to a certified service center to be cleaned and adjusted at a cost of about $1500.00. The Casio requires a $5.00 battery in about the same time period and I have had mine for almost 10 years with no problems. A good bit of the cost of an expensive watch is due to the fact that a room full of technicians spend their entire working lives black polishing internal watch parts. This makes the parts look pretty but actually does nothing to improve the way a watch works. I guess the question could also be, who makes the prettiest watch or which watch has the best looking dial?
            I like your question because it makes one stop and think about what a customer is actually paying for when they buy a watch.
            Nice Post,
            david

arutha
            Participant

Jorg Gray make nice watches where as Lucien Piccard was a revived name from a good watchmaking firm. If you are asking about new models of low value then whichever model you like the look of. These companies both put initial high prices on their watches so the look like a good deal when they then heavily discount them. President Obama was given a Jorg by his security staff and according to the internet a lot of security services wear the Jorg watches but I would imagine these would be their top of the range models.
              Paul.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.